Denim Accents









Denim is one of the most stylish and timeless staples in fashion that can be worn in big doses or how i've done - in very small doses...

Remember in 2001 when Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake arrived at the American Music Awards in double denim which everyone frowned upon and considered one of the biggest flaws in fashion history?! Now we couldn't get enough of double denim! I know I can't anyway! Some people find it a tad too daring doing blue denim on blue denim but the more modern way we do it looks wayy better than how they did it with patchwork denim... in my opinion! But each to their own!


Now and again a little hint of denim to give your look more edge is exactly what's needed. Like I've done here -  which was clearly missing from my look so instead of interrupting the curvaceous shape by draping a coat or jacket over my shoulders (which would've made the top half of my body quite boxy) I decided to tie the shirt around my waist to accentuate my figure even more. Denim was the perfect choice for this situation as the shade of blue went perfectly with my grey tone look. Besides if I'd gone for a different texture it may not had been as effective.

I am pretty obsessed with this shade of blue on my tee, it almost looks like a deep grey which I've probably mentioned before, looks amazing with white and silver. A very classy colour if you wear it right. 

TIP: This look would also look fab if replaced with a slogan tee to fit in well with the trend right now!

___________


shop the look below!








Tee / Topshop
Skirt / Glamorous
Denim Shirt / Topshop
Heels / Public Desire
Bag / Coach





| W & W | 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig